I am happy to report that my arrival in London was just as smooth as my departure from Toronto. Me and all my crap rolled out of the terminal and onto the tube, without managing to get stuck any gates, doors, or elevators. No children or animals were injured during this part of the trip.
My hotel was conveniently located two blocks from the Natural History museum, so while I waited for my room to get ready, I decided to wade through some familiar waters. I love the Natural History museum. I love cabinets of curiosities. I love the crazy roaring dinosaur exhibits. And I really love the brownies they sold (not the icky undercooked chocolate cake that masquerades as brownies, but the real fudgy deal). At some point while I was walking through the Darwin art exhibit, my lack of sleep caught up with me and I realised if I didn't get back to my hotel soon, I might end up curling up under the tree of life for a small nap.
Of course, by the time I got back to the hotel, I had caught my second wind and had no interest in sleeping. After a long, hot soak in the tub and a bit of reading, I headed off to Shana and Colin's for dinner. Fortunately, my auto pilot kicked in when I got back on the tube and I arrived at Limehouse without getting lost. Dinner was wonderful--as it always is with Shana and Colin. Excellent food, even more excellent conversation. I was glad to be in my London home.
I have lovely pictures to go with this post, but I forgot to bring my cord and the library is closing. Will write more soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment